2008年11月3日月曜日

An Unknown Poem


An unknown poem that I like so much./個人的に大好きな詩。作者不明。

English translation/英訳: Charlottell




我问佛:为何不给所有女子羞花闭月的容颜?
I ask Buddha, “Why didn’t you give all the girls beautiful faces?”

佛曰:那只是昙花的一现,用来蒙蔽世俗的眼
Buddha says, “Beautiful appearance only stays for a short time, and it is used to blind the eyes of the earthly world.

没有什么美可以抵过一颗纯净仁爱的心
There is nothing more beautiful than a pure merciful heart

我把它赐给每一个女子
I gave pure merciful hearts to all girls,

可有人让它蒙上了灰
but some of them ignore it.”

我问佛:世间为何有那么多遗憾?
I ask Buddha, “Why are there so many regrets in this world?”

佛曰:这是一个婆娑世界,婆娑既遗憾,
Buddha says, “This is a world full of changes, changes equal to regrets,

没有遗憾,给你再多幸福也不会体会快乐
without regrets, no matter how much happiness you are given, you won’t be able to feel the joy.”  

我问佛:如何让人们的心不再感到孤单?
I ask Buddha, “What should we do to let our heart get rid of loneliness?”

佛曰:每一颗心生来就是孤单而残缺的,
Buddha says, “Every heart is born lonely and imperfect,

多数带着这种残缺度过一生
and most of them live their whole lives with this imperfection.

只因与能使它圆满的另一半相遇时
Because when it encountered the other half that can heal its imperfection,

不是疏忽错过,就是已失去了拥有它的资格
most of the time they missed the chance carelessly, or they lost the qualification to own it.”  

我问佛:如果遇到了可以爱的人,却又怕不能把握该怎么办?
I ask Buddha, “What if we meet the one that we are able to love, but afraid that we cannot grasp him or her?”

佛曰:留人间多少爱,迎浮世千重变
Buddha says, “Let the love that we leave for the world to meet the changes in the changeable earthly world.

和有情人,做快乐事
Doing pleasant things with the person you love,

别问是劫是缘
and do not ask if it is misfortune or fate.”  

我问佛:如何才能如你般睿智?
I ask Buddha, “What should we do to be as wise as you?”

佛曰:佛是过来人,人是未来佛
Buddha says, “Buddha used to be a human being, and human being will become a Buddha.

我也曾如你般天真
I was as innocent as you.”

佛门中说一个人悟道有三阶段:“勘破、放下、自在。
Buddhism says that there are three stages for us to be enlightened: see through the world, relinquish, and ease.

的确,一个人必须要放下,才能得到自在。
Indeed, one can feel at ease if only one is able to relinquish.